Technological advancements have changed several elements of our daily lives. Change is unavoidable, and the best alternative is to use what is readily available to us today instead of to resist.
The popularity increase of smart devices and tablets has actually made eBooks extremely well-known in the modern-day world, with numerous users choosing eBooks instead of physical books. As eBooks start to play a more prominent role in our everyday reading, the need for them has actually likewise increased, specifically over the last couple of years.
Designrr is a software created to create eBooks. It has enabled users to produce PDF formatted eBooks and lead magnets using content from other web pages.
This software was developed with one goal in mind, which was to rapidly generate eBooks and help editors who were not familiar with designing. This tool is extremely simple to handle, particularly for people with editing experience.
Designrr was released in 2016 by PageOneTraffic Ltd. A basic plan provides you access to tons of choices, that include having the capability to modify text, headings, sub-headings, and even permits you to personalize the image block, which even more contains more unique options. Several editing possibilities exist for paragraphs and text alterations.
Designrr Is For…
- E-book writers – Writing eBooks using content from other sources can be extremely helpful; this tool can be used to produce more leads and provide a fresh look to the content.
- Content Marketers – To grow their e-mail customers through lead magnets and using material from Designrr’s article.
- Coaches – To develop a more vivid understanding of performance levels and gameplay techniques by analyzing the play on an eBook.
- Podcast services – Increase downloads for your podcasts.
How Designrr Works
- Identify a source you want to utilize. This source can be in the form of audio, video, or PDF ebooks.
Websites and blogs can likewise be used as material.
- When the source has been inputted, a draft of the project can be analyzed.
Here, you can add screenshots, quotes, and highlights and an evaluation can be conducted.
- You can select a template from the tremendous catalog of designs readily available.
- After implementing a template, you can further make changes to the file and finalize it.
Numbering, 3D cover images and other customizations can be done here.
- The last step is to publish the ultimate file to any site of your choosing.
Paragraph Editing Options with Designrr
Formatting files can typically be an inconvenience, specifically after changing font sizes and deleting or including some elements.
However, this function automatically formats the paragraph and ensures that a tidy format stays intact. This choice comes in handy when you want to remove white-spaces that in some cases happen.
• Editing Options
A large range of choices is available to you depending on how you want to provide your document.
Designrr offers you access to several distinct font styles, sizes, and tools for editing text. The whole block can be modified so you can combine blocks, place links, and insert icons.
The inspector panel likewise enables you to make global changes.
• Clear Format
Any format such as bolding, italic text, and underline are automatically eliminated from the picked paragraph.
Designrr is maybe among the few apps out there which can transform video and audio material into meaningful information in the form of article and eBooks in just a matter of minutes.
• Inspector tab
After importing a file, this toolbox provides numerous choices on customization, such as using background images and colors, including margins, and consists of several effects such as shadows, borders, and margin modifications.
Over 1000 various fonts are readily available to you to choose from.
- Elements tab
This choice assists users in heavy-duty editing with choices such as dictionary styles, labels, and quotes. With a bit of tweaking, an extremely vibrant design can be created.
Image grids and videos can likewise be added. Personalized elements can be used anytime. Other importing choices, such as importing from Word, Facebook, and other sources, can also be done here.
• Project draft editor
This is the perfect tool to use when importing.
This offers a spotless interface without distractions and other complications.
Copy-pasting is also really easy with this function.
• Table of Contents and Page numbering
Dragging the table of contents can immediately populate the list of headings of your eBook. This function can even add headers and footers, including page numbering, which is done instantly.
• Free image library
You can go through several images and include any image you encounter this vast collection.
Transcriptions are simple to import, and you can modify them just like how you would modify a text file.
Designrr has a limitation on transcription minutes monthly subtracted from your regular monthly transcription minutes allowance.
It can be stated that the transcription service performs relatively well, considered that it’s a totally automated process.
Transcription is done word-for-word, including slang or filler words. There are bound to be minor mistakes in the transcriptions, especially if the sound is imperfect or a speaker speaks, talks with an accent, or more than one voice is present at the same time.
Designrr eBook Plans
The plans vary depending upon how you want to utilize it.
Designrr provides 4 available plans, that include Standard, Professional, Premium, and Business.
The first 2 are developed for individuals thinking about content repurposing while the latter two consist of an extra audio transcription service.
The Standard plan consists of 100 totally free eBook design templates, although it is special to only one user. Another constraint was that just PDF and 3D book covers are supported.
The Professional plan consists of unlimited books and more than 200 design templates which can be implemented in the project, although the plan is likewise for one user.
Another choice included in this plan is the capability to export projects as kindle or Mobi ebooks. Extra functions such as eBook cover design, 3D cover generation, and flipbook generator are likewise included.
The distinct 3D cover generation assists in establishing vivid displayable images for signup forms.
The Premium plan consists of HTML export for embedding into any website and four transcription hours for video or audio a month.
This is really helpful for podcasting and marketing videos.
The Business plan consists of eight hours of transcription alongside all the other functions.
Designrr is really fast in changing audio to text.
Content from Instagram Live, Facebook Live, YouTube, or podcasts can easily be transcribed as text, audio, and videos imported can also be listened to and then additional modified.
This is certainly a very effective tool used by more than 10,000 content developers and bloggers.
This is an exceptional tool for any editor, particularly individuals involved in online marketing and eBook developers.
- The Standard plan is $29 a month, with 100 design templates and unlimited projects.
- The Professional plan costs about $39 a month and allows you to import from Google docs. Editors can then export to eBook, kindle and ePub formats. This plan comes with 3D cover production with 200 cover styles and 200 more design templates to work with.
- The Premium plan is $49 a month.
- The Business plan is $99 a month.
Alternatively, you can opt for Designrr’s awesome lifetime deal which gives you a low discount for a lifetime plan.
Advantages of Designrr
- The 3D cover generation, which is included in the Professional plan, is absent in most eBooks creating software applications such as Sqribble and lucid press, which provides designrr an edge over the competitors.
This effective tool allows editors to produce a 3D image as hardcover or paperback.
- The low price of $27 makes it really affordable considering the several functions that are included with it.
This makes it a really safe purchase as a 7-day totally fre} trial is likewise offered before purchasing. There are numerous 3rd party templates which can be extremely costly to buy separately.
- The client support team is really valuable if any support is needed.
They are really responsive, and free customized training is likewise supplied if a user requests it, in addition to access to the Facebook community where editors can seek advice from each other.
Downsides of Designrr
- There have been reports that Designrr typically crashes when returning to Preview mode or when dealing with too many things concurrently.
- There are restricted alternatives for this tool apart for creating eBooks.
- The interface is criticized as a little out-of-date as people believe it can look more modern. It can take a little bit of time to get used to it.
Designrr is decently priced compared to its alternatives, such as Beacon, which begins at $49. Nevertheless, the Business plan can appear a little expensive.
Designrr is still a good option if you are looking for an easy way to create a ebook. Software such as Adobe Illustrator have more functions but may be more difficult to learn to use. If you are aiming to develop a basic eBook, this is the perfect software to use, specifically for new editors.